How well do your physicians understand coding methodologies and the documentation needed to support such? Truth be told, physicians went to school to be doctors and not coders. However, in this climate of Health Care Reform, physicians are being asked to understand the guidelines and get it right the first time. This can be a daunting task, especially bearing in mind that the rules are sometimes vague, restrictive and constantly changing.
But don't let that stop you. Our Educators could provide documentation improvement training that would help you today understand the documentation requirements for a multitude of services.
We can help in the following areas:
- Clinical Documentation for ICD-10
- Evaluation and Management documentation - Choosing Proper Level of Service
- "Incident to" and "Split/Shared" Guidelines - Working with Mid-level Providers
- Teaching Physicians (PATH) Guidelines- Working with Residents, Fellows and Medical Students
- Procedural Coding Documentation Guidelines
- ...and more