*Coding Certification Exam Prep
Sign Up today!
For more information or to sign up for a course, please contact us using the information below. If you've already decided on a course, please fill out the registration form below and return it at least 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the course. Remember, class size is limited so don’t delay. Don’t let anything stand in the way of your new career!
888-61-CODER [888-612-6337] email@example.com
*Because PCOCC is not a traditional school or university, we are not accredited by the Department of Education, and therefore not eligible to participate in federally funded financial aid or grant programs. PCOCC adheres to the strict guidelines of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
Why Become a Certified Professional Coder?
With the changes in Healthcare Reform and the increased scrutiny of fraud and abuse related to physician/hospital billing and coding, more experienced and certified coders are needed now more than ever. PCOCC has the education solutions you need to get you started in a high demand field.
We provide a 16-week program for physician based coding that will prepare you for the real life work environment and better equip you to pass the AAPC National CPC certification exam. Our classes are conveniently located right here in the city, on the North side of Chicago on Monday or Thursday evenings. Don't want to leave your home? You would also have the option to participate in class via your home computer!
This course is designed to help each student learn and apply the principles of medical coding by using CPT®, ICD-10- CM Code Set and HCPCS Level II coding manuals. This course is recommended for anyone who is preparing for a career as a professional fee or physician based coding. This course is also recommended for anyone who is preparing for take the AAPC’s CPC certification examination or those needing a refresher on the basic concepts of physician based coding.
CPC® Exam Preparation Course- Prerequisites:
- Medical terminology; strongly recommended but not required.
- Anatomy; strongly recommended but not required.
In 16 weeks you should be able to:
- Navigate our three principle coding manuals: CPT®, ICD-10-CM Code Set, and HCPCS Level II Understand and apply the official ICD-10-CM coding guidelines
- Apply coding guidelines and conventions when assigning diagnoses and procedure codes
- Differentiate between the different categories and levels of E/M services
- Identify the main components of an Operative Note and code such appropriately
Classroom Course Details
- Weeks: 16
- When: June 6, 2019
- Classroom Size: Minimum: 5 Maximum:10
- What's included: CPC Prep Study Guide, Practical Application Workbook, 1-year AAPC Membership
- What you need to provide: CPT-4, ICD-10 CM and HCPCS manual; Registration and payment for National exam (given at course site).
- Cost: Classroom Course: $1799 (ask about our payment plan option!)